Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney Bowling Green, KY
Partner With an Experienced Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney in Warren County, KY and the Surrounding Areas
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is also known as a “wage-earners plan”. It allows the debtor to restructure their debts in a manner that allows them to make reasonable payments over the course of 3-5 years, paying off some or all of their unsecured debts. If debt still remains at the end of the payment plan, it may be discharged by the bankruptcy court, meaning the debtor is no longer obligated to pay it. Filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy puts an immediate stop to communication and collection actions by creditors. Mike Carey is an experienced bankruptcy lawyer who has helped hundreds of clients file Chapter 13 in the Warren County, KY area. If you need a compassionate and respectful attorney to help you find financial relief via Chapter 13 bankruptcy, contact Carey Law and get the guidance you need today.
Bankruptcy is not the right option for everyone, and there are eligibility requirements for Chapter 13. Below are some examples of people who may benefit from filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy:
- Debtors with monthly income exceeding the allowable limits for Chapter 7
- Debtors who received a discharge of their debts in a previous Chapter 7 within eight years, or in a previous Chapter 13 case within six years
- Debtors who have delinquent payments on secured debts, such as home or auto loans
- Debtors who have domestic support (child support, alimony/maintenance) payment arrears
- Debtors who have assets that exceed the allowable exemptions and would risk liquidation (selling) of their property by the bankruptcy trustee in Chapter 7
- Debtors who are paying high interest on secured debts and may reduce the interest rates in Chapter 13
- Debtors may pay administrative costs of their bankruptcy case through their Chapter 13 plan payments
- Debtors may wish to restructure tax debts and other priority claims (Domestic Support, restitution payments, fines, etc.)
If your situation sounds like one or multiple points listed above, or if you are unsure about your situation and need further explanation from an experienced legal professional, call Mike Carey today. You’ll get one-on-one attention
How Can a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer Assist You in the Process?
When you contact Carey Law, the first step in our process is a comprehensive assessment of your current finances, including your debts, assets, income, and living expenses. Mr. Carey will also find out what your personal financial goals are and identify what you are looking to get out of filing bankruptcy. Mike will explain your potential options and help guide you toward another form of relief if bankruptcy doesn’t appear to be the right move for your situation.
Bankruptcy might be an appropriate choice under the following circumstances:
- You are facing wage garnishment due to medical debt. Medical problems often strike out of nowhere. If you aren’t prepared, then you could quickly find yourself in debt. Medical providers have the ability to take money out of your wages to pay off your debt which, in turn, can lead to further issues down the road.
- You have delinquent auto loans. With so many other bills to pay, it can be easy to fall behind on your auto payments. The further you fall behind, the more difficult it can be to catch up, leaving you struggling to pay your bills.
- You have high-interest loans. Loans can be beneficial to help you pay for large purchases, such as a house or a car. Many loans, however, can accrue excessive interest. This, in turn, can make it far more difficult to pay them.
- You have excessive credit card debt. While credit cards are useful, they can also cause serious problems if too much is put on them. When your credit card debt becomes too high, it can be difficult to actually get rid of it.
All of these situations can potentially benefit from the debt restructuring chapter 13 bankruptcy provides.
If you decide to proceed with Chapter 13 bankruptcy, Mike will help you prepare the complex paperwork that is necessary to file. The filing process involves showing a complete picture of your financial situation. That includes tax returns, pay stubs, bank statements, mortgage statements, retirement/brokerage account statements, appraisals of your assets, and any other documents related to your income, assets, and debts. This can be a complicated and time-consuming process, which is why it’s beneficial to work with a lawyer who has extensive experience helping clients file Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Mr. Carey will also represent you in meetings with creditors and bankruptcy court hearings.
Consult With Local Chapter 13 Trustees Today
Carey Law is committed to providing clients in the Warren County, KY area with dependable bankruptcy law services, regardless of their financial status. Mike Carey has been practicing law for over 9 years and has assisted hundreds of clients in the local area to help them get the debt relief they need to move on with their lives and start planning for the future. Mike offers honest, straightforward advice and aims to keep clients informed about their options through every step of the process.
WHEN RESULTS MATTER, WE ARE WHO YOU CALL.
How can we help you?
If you’ve been injured call (270) 938-0100 to schedule a free consultation.
For client and future client inquires only, no solicitations.
The information contained on this website is presented for informational and marketing purposes only and is not to be understood as legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice respecting your individual needs. Carey Law looks forward to speaking with you about your particular needs. Please note, however, that the mere act of contacting our firm does not create an attorney-client relationship. As a result, you should never send any confidential information to our office until a Representation Agreement has been signed by both you and Carey Law.